Corsets
Ok, so I'm a dancer in a show with Paupers called Broadway Melodies, which is basically a musical review so there's a crazy plot-line strung together with famous Broadway songs. I dance in a song from Jekyll and Hyde called "Bring on the Men" which is a sexy, slutty, cabaret type number done by prostitutes. Naturally, our costumes consist of corsets - the lingerie kind, not the old-fashioned kind - short (and I mean SHORT) skirts and fishnets. Last night we were at rehearsal and our corsets were delivered. For fun, we put them on OVER our t-shirts and did the number. The guys went crazy. Now, these corsets were OVER OUR T-SHIRTS. It was about the least sexy I have ever felt in my life. Ok, now maybe if I had the flu for a week so I hadn't showered and I was puking - maybe then I would have been less sexy. But corsets over t-shirts?? What is that about? How is that sexy in the least? I try to understand men, I really do, and most of my friends are guys so I should have an advantage. But i don't get that. If anyone can explain it to me, please do. PS - for clarification, we weren't wearing the skirts or the fishnets. We were wearing dance pants or sweat pants or jeans.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home