I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Friday, February 04, 2005

A confession

I'm a bad person with terrible, terrible taste in music. I committed a music sin. the worst. See, UNC is offering free music downloading to the students so we don't get arrested. I got Rhapsody, making my life oodles better. What was the first song I dowloaded?? Guess. Can't guess? No, it wasn't a showtune or a ballad or even a classic rock song. All of those came after my initial download of.....
Ashlee Simpson's "lala." I can't help it!!!!! The song is always in my head and I'd only heard it on the shampoo commercial. It really is a fabulous singing-in-the-shower song, but c'mon the lyrics, the music, the singer....
I'm very ashamed. I have a profound respect for the pop music industry but there are certain lows that I don't want to go to. I like the music (but NOT the artists) of 'N Sync, Britney Spears, etc. i don't have the CDs, but when the music comes on, I'm groovin. Ashlee Simpson is just a big loser from her haircut to her appearances on Seventh Heaven and I can't believe I'm hooked on that song.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home