I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Who needs school?

People tend to think of me as a good student, as someone who studies a lot, and someone who generally cares about academics. This is really untrue. The image comes from my high standing in high school - yes, I was the valedictorian (my favorite thing in the entire world to brag about) - but really that wasn't about education, that was about winning. I love to win. So why does it surprise people that I constantly blow off school work/classes for drama? i did it in high school and got away with it. I do it now and my GPA is just fine thank you. It's all about understanding what classes to take and how to manipulate professors.
Drama is my world. It is everything I care about and everything I'm good at. Well, I hope I'm good at it. I put my heart and soul into whatever show(s) I'm doing and there's very little left for school and other things. I try to have a social life, a church life, and a swim life but everything is second to drama. Not God. But church, sadly, does sometimes come second. God and church aren't exactly the same thing. Close, but not identical.

So I start classes tomorrow, but really I could care less. I'm going to make a smashing first impression on my teachers, find out how little I have to do to earn an acceptable grade, and by the end of the week I will be FULLY focused on my shows. I don't actually believe there is anything wrong with this. a lot of people do, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home