So I'm Wrong
I always said I would never have one of these. I swore it. And now I do so I'm a big fat liar and I'm very very wrong, which is not a good combination. Why did I change my mind?? I blame it on boredom. Any of you who know me (which is prolly anyone reading this, i would imagine) know that to me boredom is the worst emotion in the whole world - though whether boredom qualifies as an emotion has been debated as of late. But this Christmas break I have had NOTHING to do. I haven't gone on AIM once and I'm very deprived. True, I go back to school on Monday, but God help me I can't wait that long. I need something computerish to do.
Today I was speaking with my best friend in the world, who should know me better than everyone else but really doesn't know me at all, and he was shocked to learn that i had purchased Greenday's "American Idiot" album and AC/DC's "Live" album. Apparently, this music is way too normal and mainstream. It never occurred to him that i listen to normal music because, in his mind, I am "made of delicate china" and I am "the closest thing to perfection" he will ever come across. While that sounds nice, it is truly offensive. What's worse is that we've had this argument before over whether or not I am perfect. While I like to think of myself as such, i don't like it when other people think that. There's no room for me to disappoint them that way. And every time we finally agree that I have flaws, he seems to delete the conversation in his mind and we just have it again later. Then again, one has to wonder why we're friends in the first place...
Friendship is a tricky tricky thing. For example, you can measure your friends by facebook (in which case I have 77) but that is silly because how many of those people actually care? Moreover, most of my good friends aren't even on facebook. But there isn't a good way to measure how many friends you have, how much they love you, and how long they'll stick around. Until, of course, you're faced with tragedy. Like when my dad had a stroke and almost died. I would have placed money on some people I had been friends with my whole life helping me through that. What was the reality?? ONE. One person was there and everyone else fled. I still can't figure out why....
Why am I rehashing all that at 11pm on a random day? No idea. It just comes up.

1 Comments:
Welcome to Blogger!
Post a Comment
<< Home