I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

stupid Hollywood

the 9-11 movie is coming out this summer

i realize that i have already done a movie rant, but here comes another one. Sorry. NO, IM NOT SORRY! Why in the world did they need to make a movie about a tragedy that all of us lived through? in detail. very recently.

I personally do not need to see a Hollywood recreation of the plane crashing into the twin towers. It is as fresh in my mind as can be. The unparalleled success of historical dramas like Gone With the Wind, Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, whatever has apparently made these people think that the 9-11 incident would make for a blockbuster movie. And I don't disagree - the heroism in the face of tragedy is EXCELLENT material. but NOT NOW!!! 5 years is not enough time.

Its like if a child has a kitty. A beloved little cat who has been their pet since before they can remember. And it gets run over. On the highway. With all the blood and guts spilled. And the child finds it. And then the next day the mom walks in with a new cat

THE CHILD DOES NOT WANT A NEW CAT!!! there should be a kitty funeral, a long talk about bloody roadkill, and then some time. THEN you can talk to the child about getting a new cat.

If this were 20 years in the future and we had all had time to forget, we might need and want a reminder. But I, personally, do not want to see this movie now. It would be like looking at a video of a play I was in the day I got it. I make myself wait at least 1.5 years. And those are just plays!!!!

am i totally alone in this opinion??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I completely agree. I absolutely HATE that they have all these 9/11 movies in the works -- why on earth would we want to be reminded of that so SOON?

I also hate that they're releasing that global warming "movie" (it's a DOCUMENTARY. And it stars AL GORE.) on such a nationwide scale... Yawn.

-Alli Cooke

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home