for Kate - because she asked :)
yup yup. Poor little Kate doesn't spend ENOUGH time listening to my rants. apparently, she wants to also read them online.
So this is about my English professor. He's a stupid, little tiny old man with really mushy skin and NO idea what theater is all about. This class is "modern British/American drama" but he looks at all the plays like a novel. He doesn't understand the importance of discussing "production" as opposed to literary value.
Anyways, i got a 76 on the midterm. Yup. a SEVENTY FREAKING SIX. I read every play, I went to every class, paid attention in discussion, etc. I KNEW what I was talking about and everything I wrote was right. However, it wasn't what HE had said in class. God forbid I come up with thoughts of my own. That's not what college is about - one cannot notice themes on one's own. Surely not! We must simply copy the thoughts and interpretations of the professor and spit them back.
Here is an example of why he sucks. So one of the questions that i recieved ZERO credit for was asking how Tyrone reflects the theme of Moon for the Misbegotten. Now, Moon is my FAVORITE play that we've read. I adore it. I know it through and through. He took away all credit cuz the only theme we discussed in class was the idea of impossible love. HELLO! That's not the only theme there is - if a play had ONE theme, it would be lousy and never be read by anyone. And he should applaude my efforts to interpret the play on my own - unless I am wrong of course. BUT I AM RIGHT.
so fuck him and his class. He obviously sucks at life and every time he reads monologues or scenes I cringe cuz he cant perform. So fuck him. to hell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home