Pointless rant...who's surprised??
I am a lil sick of the whole idea that "if we lived in a culture that embraced fat, women would be able to eat chocolate all day and still be thought of as attractive, and everything would be wonderful." It is NOT true and ignorant to think so. Does our country have an unhealthy standard of beauty? Yeah, i guess we do. But if we lived in a time where chubbiness was valued, that DOESN'T mean that suddenly all girls would be attractive. Something else would render them ugly. Or the skinny girls would just be ugly and THEY would complain about impossible standards. There will always be a scale of beauty, and the reality is that most people are not at the top - otherwise, it wouldn't BE the top, now would it??
it's the same sort of thing as the policy of uniforms; the idea is that if everyone wears the same thing, everyone will be equal. Kids won't have to worry about brand names or hem lines. BULLSHIT. Anyone who has done the uniform thing knows that the rules just change - it comes down to the socks you wear, your shoes, your coat, etc. Anything that isn't regulated is suddenly terribly important. Heck, the length of your uniform shirt matters - the shorter the better. Then you can get away with having it untucked.
I am well aware that I do not rank among super models. Or even close. HOWEVER i am not delusional enough to blame the "unhealthy beauty standard" supposedly put forth by the media. If you do badly on the SATs, do you blame the testing company? Do you think they should change the way they grade so that you are at the top of the curve? NO!!! You're just STUPID!! Deal with it. If you're ugly, DEAL WITH IT. If you lose at sports, DEAL WITH IT.
I am not trying to be an after-school special that advocates accepting your weaknesses because everyone has them and you should love yourself anyways. Pah. I should be so cheery. I just want chubby girls to stop complaining about how it's society's fault they are unattractive. Chances are, if you lost the weight, you would STILL BE UGLY. DEAL WITH IT!
shoot, some of the ugliest/fattest girls I know get the most ass. Seriously.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home