On Supermodels
no no, this is not some complaint about how they're all too skinny or have eating disorders or promote an unreal ideal which leads to depression and psychological disorders among girls everywhere
cuz I actually dont believe that.
This is yet another sad confession. I think this blog has done nothing but reveal the most pathetic parts of my personality, but at least that's humorous. Anyways, my confession for today is that I watched hours of this America's Next Top Model marathon. It was not the first time I'd seen the show - i admit to being something of a fan, though I never have time to see it. So this crazy ass bitch, Janice Dickinson, is the Simon Cowell judge who tells the girls they are too fat, too short, whatever and will never make it. She is always introduced as the "world's first Supermodel" and she definitely thinks a lot of herself. Truth is, she looks COMPLETELY fucked up. I started thinking that maybe this is because she's OLD now, so I went googling for her portfolio. She actually was pretty once upon a time, but her bitchiness is outstanding!!!! Quotes from her are shocking, to say the least, and the truth is, she was NOT the world's first supermodel.
SHE INVENTED THE WORD SUPERMODEL!!! She came up with it, used it to describe herself, and then claimed to be the first. And actually, most 'experts' (i have NO idea who this elusive group is) do not actually consider her a supermodel.
This is really a ludacris idea, if you think about it. She added "super" to the front of her profession and it took off. There aren't super-realtors or super-actors or super-electricians. You can't just label yourself as super for being at the top of your field. period. it shouldn't work. Who allows that sort of thing to happen? Do we blame the industry for continuing to use the label, the populace for adopting it, or the MLA for accepting it?? SOMEONE should be blamed and shot. If we start with janice, prolly no one will cry.
No one mourns the wicked
no one cries they won't return
no one lays a lily on their grave
- Wicked

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home