Movie Review of sorts
We all know how much i ADORE movies. We're talking die-hard fan of the movie theater world. There is nothing more fun to me than going to a weekday matinee by myself, sitting in the front row, and losing myself in the screen. True story. I will never understand why people enjoy going to the movies on Friday night with a date. Bad idea
But I digress
I rarely get to go to the movies while at school cuz im too damn busy. So now that the summer is here and I can see EVERYTHING, i should be in heaven. I am not.
I won't even get into how disappointed Da Vinci Code was. I cannot express in words the mediocrity of that film, so I won't try. Just My Luck was disappointing chiefly because it DIDNT suck like I thought it would. I expected to laugh at the spectacle that is Lindsay Lohan, but instead I found the film somewhat enjoyable
Let's talk about Thank You For Smoking, then, shall we? i dont get it!!! I was thrilled to see this movie, expecting something out of it. it is a film about smoking. Is it?? I dont know. They didn't take a definitely stance on smoking - for good or bad. I think it was supposed to be anti-smoking, but I really wasn't sure. They made excellent points both ways.
Ok, so it's not about smoking. Websites said that it was about the difficult relationship the smoking advocate necessarily has with his son. So it's about father/son relationships? Not so much. The son was sort of there all the time, with his too-small mouth and ridiculous haircut. But he didn't impact the movie. The father-all-confused act was BORING at best. I don't want to pay money to watch someone wrestle with feeling like an inadequate parent. PLEASE. that's sidewalk drama.
It also sort of tried to say something about the media. But I'm not so sure what.
Basically, bottom line: it had the illusion of making lots of good points without actually making any. And that infuriates me. I wanted extreme opinions!!!! Either way, for OR against smoking. I care not. I paid to get riled up.
Once again, i shake my head in DISAPPOINTMENT. the theme of the summer, it seems

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home