Reflections on the Year
My first year in college is almost over. Just one more exam and then I am forced to go BACK to Wake Forest and spend three months counting the time till I come back. That's right. Despite my complaints about UNC and school work in general, there is really no where I'd rather be than here with my friends, doing plays and having fun. And the thing is, I no longer consider Wake Forest home. This is my home.
As with most everyone who goes to college, I have definitely changed more in this year than ever before in my life. Although, I do believe the transition from age 2 to age 3 was a big one :P Maybe it's not even so much that I myself changed, but everything around me has become so different. I have met and befriended so many people here it is actually surprising. My world of drama is a far cry from WFR high school, and I've gone from living in a house of a million crazy people to a shitty dorm with a million crazy people. Ok, so that didn't really make a huge difference. But overall, my life right now hardly resembles my life from a year ago. And while I am much more stressed out, i am also much happier overall. This has been a year of hardships and heartbreaks, and yet I don't feel like I want it to be over. Someone once said to me that contentedness lies in slight imbalance. If you have more good things in your life than bad, even just ONE more good thing than bad, you will be happy. And that is true for me!
So here are a couple top ten lists. I didn't really think terribly hard about them, so perhaps they are not entirely accurate, but it should be fun reading anyhow. And I don't know how much I'll be writing over the summer, so if you love me enough, you'll be forced to read this singular entry over and over again just to feel connected to me :P Of course, you could always just call me, but I'll probably be too busy working my 80 hours a week to have a good convo with you.
TOP TEN BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS YEAR, HANDS DOWN
10. watching at least one play every weekend. Gotta love the million theater organizations we have here!
9. WOCL church retreat
8. watching Boy Meets World at all hours of the day
7. parties at Jon Todd's house :)
6. Newman student nights. I love my choir babies!
5. NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, baby!!
4. Getting cast in Angels in America and through that, growing as an actor
3. My wonderful roommate, who actually doesn't hate living with me
2. Facebook. Oh how I love my facebook!
1. Opening night of Footloose!!! it made it all worth it and renewed my faith in myself to succeed in this crazy business we call "show."
TOP TEN WORST THINGS THAT I WISH I COULD FORGET
10. Copenhagen. Worst play ever!
9. that night at Avalon that made me never want to go back....
8. the hundred auditions that I screwed up
7. the ONE DAY i rode a bus and got on the wrong one
6. getting belittled by a certain Diva after rehearsal
5. heartbreak. Ill say no more on that one
4. getting an F on my anth exam
3. a certain rugby boy who has caused WAY too much drama in room 633
2. A certain party foul that no one will ever let me live down.
1. Getting rejected as an OL
And there are a hundred other things, both good and bad that I am simply not thinking of at the moment. Basically, this year was great for two reasons: theater and people. It was also terrible for two reasons: theater and people. I guess that's how life works! And for me, that's the whole rest of my life so I aughta get used to it.

1 Comments:
I love your two lists and I do believe I agree with #3 on the worst things about this year list. That certain boy would be on both of my lists this year :) And, boy meets world is the best thing ever-- it definately deserved the spot on the list!
Post a Comment
<< Home