Fun Saturday
Saturday did not start out well because I had to get up very early to finish building the boat. Jessica and I, tired as dogs, filled ourselves with Diet Mountain Dew and taped Barbie's Dream Boat together. It was beautiful! It was HEAVY!! We had to carry this thing from Ehringhaus to the Natatorium (which is next to the Dean Dome). That doesn't seem like a far distance, but the boat weighs between 50-75 pounds. We were struggling mightily! When we were almost there, about to walk up the final hill, some pretty boys saw us and decided to help. The THREE of them picked up the boat and carried it, sweating and complaining because it was THAT heavy. So they carried it in for us, down the stairs for a grand entrance, and the whole room was agog. ok, maybe not the WHOLE room, but lots of people were staring at the hot pinkness. Everyone was taking pictures and trying to lift it and stuff. When it finally came time for us to race, many many many people were cheering. We were the cute girls in tiaras with a hot pink boat, after all. Mostly, people wanted to see if anything that heavy could float. Float it did! It floated so well, in fact, that it was too top heavy and WE FLIPPED! Before the race even started!!! Everyone was really sad for us, but they thought it was cute when we dove in the water after our tiaras. And let's face it, guys are never very sad when girls in t-shirts get soaking wet. So we lost the race, but we did win Most Creative, which came with $50 manicure/pedicure gift certificates :)
Then I went to the Pauper Player's Playpickin' event. I love those peeps so much! We talked, we listened, we voted, and the fall show will be......
ASSASSINS!! It's totally awesome, but not SO totally awesome that I have to be a major part of it. I want to have time to direct for Lab! in the fall, so I want my involvement with Assassins to be relatively small. Couldn't have been a better choice!
Then Jessica and I watched the game. Need I say more? And after that, there was a Pauper Party to go to. Five miles and no ride. So we walked it. We took a pit stop on Franklin for the madness!!! It was insane, but I'm glad I was there. Fireworks, fires, and a whole lotta people!
The party was crazy. I took 4 shots in the first 10 minutes I was there, and after that I can't really say :) No, I actually wasn't that bad off. I was just having a wonderful time, aside from some mean boys. Girls are always so nice when they are drunk, but guys can get mean. Not all of them. Just some. They have this patronizing 'I'm more drunk than you, but I'm still gonna tell you to drink lots of water and go home because I'm an asshole and an authority on all things alcohol' type of attitude. It's disguised as 'caring' and 'concerned' and they pretend they are 'taking care of you,' but really it pisses me off. Jessica got pretty smashed, too, and that was lots o' fun. This morning, we were not happy people. But I have laundry to do and 8 hours worth of rehearsal, so I have to a least pretend i can walk

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home