I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Consumation

My life has been entirely consumed by Footloose. It's not a bad thing. it's what I signed on for. If I wasn't completely obsessed, I wouldn't be a good director. But I think I'm also going to get an ulcer. If all my dreams come true and this is my job, I will die very young. i don't have a problem with that, but it is something to think about
The level of obsession I have for my show was apparent to me only tonight when I was at student night at church. I haven't been in a while - I lost track of how long. I thought in my head that it hadn't been that long, but everyone there assured me that they had long ago presumed me dead. Life is wizzing by me. And it occurred to me in that environment that I have completely detached myself from the world around me. I saw how different all those people were from drama kids. But the only people I spend time with now are drama kids and I kinda forgot that other people were different. It sounds wierd, but it was shocking to me that there was life outside of Footloose for people.

I'm going home this weekend for Easter and I have made plans with a couple hs friends to hang out without any mention whatsoever of Footloose. This probably means I will have nothing to say myself, but I think it will be healthy for me to forget that I am a director for a few hours. It may not be possible to do this, but I'm gonna try

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home