Faith
So I was recently accused of being a terrible Christian by a good friend of mine. Because I'm Catholic, I'm quite used to this. People (and by people, I mean a few specific religious denominations that shall go nameless) generally assume that Catholics are bad people and that we're going to hell. Because I know this is untrue, I don't really care. And my relationship with God is personal, so I don't really go "spouting" it around. Yes, that in and of itself is very "Catholic" of me. But today, I am going to give the big JC a little shout out. haha. but for real, that's what I'm doing. So if you don't like any sort of religious sentiment, occupy yourself with another of my entries. Might I suggest "Asshole Day?" See, I'm a good Christian!
Ok, so I've been feeling completely overwhelmed lately with life, er the ONLY thing in my life. It shall remain nameless, but should you know me, you know what it is. And I got to the point where I literally could not handle it anymore. So I prayed. And I begged God to give me strength to make it through these next few weeks. See, I don't ever ask God for anything because I believe that other people in the world have much larger problems than me and deserve His attention more. What in my life is too difficult for me to handle? Besides, if you always get help from God, how much can you really learn? But sometimes, things are really too much. And then I beg for God's strength and help. Today, as always, he came through for me. Immediately after my meditation I felt completely better. And I handled many issues that arose without getting the least bit upset. So now I know I can do this because I know that God is with me and that he wants this for me.
Also, when I'm feeling hopeless, I remember this story that my priest told in church one day. See, he was sharing church space with a minister of the Presbyterian faith. He was coming in to do Mass as the minister was leaving from his service. My priest was feeling really saddened and the minister asked him what was wrong. After my priest related his sorrows, the minister looked at him with a giant smile and said, "I have really great news! I read the last chapter of the book (indicating the Bible) and guess what? WE WIN!" That thought is so wierdly awesome and I think about it a lot when I'm depressed. After all, what is really bad when we already know the ending?
My last little religious bit is one of my favorite Bible verses that is particularly pertinant today
"We also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope"
- Romans 5:3-4

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home