I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Poem

This poem is dedicated to Clayton Margeson, who brought me so much. Though I will never be as great a poet as Khaki, this is my best attempt

What You Brought Me

You brought me a popsicle
on a blistering hot day
You brought me an umbrella
in the sacred month of May

You brought me a cupcake
on the day of my birth
you brought me a ruler
to show me my girth

You brought some silly putty
to show me the shape of life
You brought me melodious music
by teaching me to play the fife

You brought me to the edge
of the round, round world
You brought me the knowledge
that I'm no longer a girl

You brought me your wisdom
in our long, deep, midnight talks
You brought me some asparagus
it was in stalks

copyright 2005 Laura Mannette

In case anyone couldn't tell, this is a parody of a very serious, very ridiculous poem dedicated to Clayton. I personally think mine is better, but if you wish to compare, visit khakipoems.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home