Worldly Partier
So this weekend I had the distinct priviledge of partying at Duke and at State. I say 'priviledge' when I really mean that I now believe I was the subject of some sick experiement. I didn't really have a terrible time at either party. I enjoyed myself at both. I was just very disappointed at both. I expected to come away from the weekend with some broader opinions of my rival schools, better observations of stereotypical behavior, or perhaps a distinct preference for one or the other. Some people at UNC truly hate State with every fiber of their being. Despite the opinion of one person, I do not feel that way at all. Nor do I hate Duke, which is the greatest evil in the eyes of many Tarheels. So I was hoping that this weekend would afford me the experience to either develop my hatred for one school, or simply encourage my loyalty for it. Neither happened. There was no major drama at either party, nothing remarkable that occurred, no morning-after shock at the events of the previous night. The entire weekend was completely forgettable. For this, I am truly disappointed. Maybe I was just SOOO tired that I didn't care enough. Maybe I didn't get drunk enough (I really didn't get drunk at all, come to think of it.) Whatever the reason, I come away feeling let down and depressed. A whole fun-filled weekend and I don't even have a good story to tell. Bah!
In other news, I had my job interview today, which went quite well. I find out tomorrow whether or not I got it, and i am REALLY sweating this one! Cross your fingers for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home