Webshots
The whole concept of webshots is kind of funny to me. Basically, because I'm usually so self-involved that I could care less what other people take pictures of. I hate it when friends/family members sit me down to look through all their pictures, giving me details about people/situations I do not know or care about. So why would anyone create an entire system for sharing photos online? Moreover, why would anyone visit such sites? Of course, I didn't really understand the whole blog phenomenon until I got one myself. And this morning, I signed up for webshots. Most of my pics were pirated from other people's webshots, or websites, but they are still of events pertinent to my life. I don't know if anyone will visit this site anymore than people visit this here blog, but it was still kind of fun. But the amount of information that anyone can gather at me is astounding. People (me included) throw away every right to privacy. Anyone can access my personal thoughts, the events of my life, my relationships, and they don't even have to know who I am. It was my choice, obviously, but it is still kind of scary.
I admit that I stalk people through facebook. I find out sn's and link to their blogs/webshots. I know a whole lot of info about people I barely know, some people I've never actually met. Is this wierd? hell yeah! I can't figure out why I'm so interested in other people's random, stupid online lives. Somebody please tell me that you do the same thing!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home