I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Sunday, December 24, 2006

NYC is the place for me!

So I just got back from my first ever trip to the Big Apple and it was pretty much the most fantastic trip imagineable. I mean, a city that's all about fashion, theater, and fast paces clearly fits me perfectly. Awesome stuff happened, but that's all boring and if this blog is anything, I hope it is interested. SOOO instead I give you the list of things that surprised me about the city:

1. NO homeless people. Apparently Rudy got rid of them all, which I think says a little something about Chapel Hill which pretends to be classy. I mean really. I counted fewer bums in the entirety of NYC than there are on Franklin St alone. Strangely, though, this dissapointed me somewhat. I guess I had depended on the crazies to give the city character. Something was missing without them.

2. NICE people. Who knew? Everyone in NYC was SOOOO friendly and helpful! If we even looked lost, they were jumping over themselves to help us out and get us where we needed to be. NYers are portrayed as being absolute bitches. I, for one, was counting on it. I perfected my "eh fuck you! I need coffee" in a NY accent and everything. *Sigh* I never got a chance to use it. People were too gosh darn nice.

3. FAO Schwartz is the awesomest place ever. If I wasn't convinced before that I never wanted to grow up, that store did it for me. The giant piano, stuffed animals costing thousands of dollars, and candy in every form made me resent my 20 year old status. The stupid 3 year olds took up the whole line for the piano so I couldnt have a turn! So what if I can see an R rated movie and they can't? I would much much rather play on the piano all day long than vote. or, um, buy porn. Age does not come with as many priviledges as people think. I believe we lose more than we gain. First I lost Santa. Then trick or treating. And getting money for teeth. NOW the one thing i want to do more than anything in the world - bounce on top of a piano - is taken by snot-nosed shorties. Phooey!

That's the short list. Mostly now I want to sing NY songs and watch every movie filmed there ever to exclaim "oh that's the such-and-such. I was there." Plus I very much enjoy when people compliment my outfits and I can say "thanks I got it at this cute little boutique in Soho." That phrase never gets old and I use it on EVERYTHING, even though it is mostly a lie as I only bought a few items in NYC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home