I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Friday, September 29, 2006

on pamphlets

So at rehearsals lately, Danny has been bringing in these ridiculous pamphlets that he finds - Im guessing he gets them on campus. Anyways, they are always about something really stupid that some authority deemed a "college issue" and someone thought that the PAMPHLET was a great way to influence a 20-something's thoughts. The topics range from "underage drinking" to "social smoking." WHO INVENTED THE PAMPHLET?

I did, in fact, search for this online. Apparently it is completely unknown how this mysterious marketing strategy came about. It's like it's supposed to be fun to "look inside for more information." It's just a way to make a couple of facts look like a lot of info. And I have never heard ANYONE say "yeah I used to smoke pot, but dude! i read this pamphlet and figured out how illegal it is!" or "i was thinking about driving drunk but then I remembered the facts I had read in that pamphlet and was like yeah, take my keys, man."

I can't think of one single thing i learned from a pamphlet. Not one decision I have ever made was influenced by one.

This one pamphlet danny brought told about the "sign you are addicted to smoking." If you smoke alone, you might be addicted. If you wake up in the morning and want a cigarette, you might be addicted. WTF? They just copied and pasted from the Alcohol pamphletyeah im done. that was pretty much pointless. I just think it's a waste of trees. and, in truth, it makes me want to do exactly what it says not to.

Im gonna go smoke. alone. in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home