FUCK facebook!
holy shit!! what the hell is wrong with facebook??? I like it the original way. I have not been happy with all the changes over the last year including things like photo albums and notes and stuff. But I dealt. No big deal.
News feed crosses the line!!!!!!!!!
I have been a member of it since its infancy....sad, but true. Then again, facebook isn't really that old. But really, I don't understand the need for changing and revamping it - they dont exactly have a problem attracting members. And since the general opinion is that facebook is for stalkers, why not move AWAY from things like that? If you are determined to revamp, add more privacy settings and options. Figure out something as cool as the "poke." DO NOT make it so utterly stalker friendly that it scares even the craziest facebook members.
We are not celebrities! It does not need to appear on "news feed" everytime we break up or get a new job or have a new picture taken. This is just too damn wierd!!! I realize that the number of people who actually read this info about you is limited and it doesnt Exactly compare to celebrity life, but it sure as hell feels like it!! Before, everyone had the option of viewing your updates and stalking you, but it was not THAT easy for everyone. They wouldnt check on you unless they really cared. Now they dont even really have an option - some creep that i havent talked to since high school can have instant information that i have changed something about my profile.
In protest, I deleted almost all the info from my profile. I was going to get off facebook altogether, but honestly it is a great resource. I can get email addresses and such - it is, after all, how i found my choreographer for Cabaret. BUT that does not mean i need everyone finding everything out about me every second. Nope, that's over. FUCK YOU, FACEBOOK!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home