Refusing to grow up
It's a scary thought that there are more college semesters behind me than in front of me. I could feasibly graduate next December (and am, actually, thinking of doing that). I was just getting over turning *gulp* twenty and then my sister went and got married which made me feel old all over again. Now I am starting to plan for grad school and looking at my fast approaching graduation with that dreaded thought that I will soon be at the mercy of the cruel world. AHHHHH!
It is difficult for me to adjust to because I spent my entire life planning for and thinking about college. When I got here I decided to chill out and enjoy the time rather than always looking ahead. Good plan, really. In theory. Like communism. But now I feel like the future is fast approaching and I am doing everything I can to stave it off.
My apartment next year already has a theme we are working on: Neverland. Unlike Michael Jackson's crazy ranch, this one will be totally Bangerang. It will help, I think, to live one last year in Neverland before being forcibly launched into adulthood.
Part of me thinks I should really get on this grown up train now and start being responsible. Maybe, for once, make an attempt at an adult relationship. But, really, what's the fun in that? *Sigh*
The wonderful thing about theater is we can be any age we want and life repeats over and over, never advancing. I like that. God should take notes

1 Comments:
I read one of your comments on my blog and just lol'ed at it.
Post a Comment
<< Home