I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bad bad Broadway

Broadway disappoints me sometimes. Often, to be honest. But I always forgive it, knowing that it is simply suffering from a lack of my presence which will be remedied soon enough. But this time, they have REALLY crossed the line and I will not be able to fix this one myself.

Broadway is doing a reality show. Every other entertainment faction from pop music to modeling has done a reality show; it seemed that the "fine arts" like ballet, opera, and musical theater were immune to this heinous media movement. However, Broadway has succombed. They are doing a reality show to cast the newest revival of Grease (which is another mistake all unto itself). BAD BAD BROADWAY!!!

Truth be told, I enjoy reality talent shows. I catch American Idol on occassion and am an avid fan of America's Next Top Model. But it doesn't fit for Broadway to lower itself to the level of reality television. Leave it to the soap stars, pop wannabes, and other such figures who depend on popularity within the population to succeed. Broadway has always had its own following that depending nothing on mainstream media. If Idina and Taye divorced tomorrow, you can be sure the papers would not explode the way they do for Reese and Ryan. If Kristin Chenoweth turned lesbian, no one would notice or care like they did for Cynthia Nixon. So WHY WHY WHY do they need to pull this shit??

Broadway is too good for that. True, lately their shows and revivals have been shit. True, they need some fresh composers and performers to hearken back the days of Ethel, Liza, Cy, Cole, etc. But they are still so far above reality talent shows!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. just wait till i get there. just wait. I'll never let them hear the end of this blunder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan, Bear, Daniel Day etc said...

I don't think that it'll be all that bad since people will actually have to have skill. Did you see "So you think you can dance"? Those people who were dancing were the friggin bomb diggity. Modeling is a trivial thing and you sholdn't let that bother you. This broadway show is a chance for new people that will definately be rediculous actors and singers. I think everyone is a little curious on the details of the Broadway process.

Much love
-Daniel

PS. I'm going to try and become an active blogger writing at least once a week. Hope I have some interesting topics or thoughts for you.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Dan, Bear, Daniel Day etc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home