Kellie's Wedding
WHEW. It's over. I don't know which part to comment on, really, so I'll give a broad overview, highlighting the ridiculous as appropriate.
First, the rehearsal dinner was HILARIOUS because I spent the entire time talking to my priest from back home, Fr Joe. Not only is he going to come to see Cabaret (and very happy to do so) he also told me in all seriousness that I need to drop out of school and go to Hollywood. I made him tell this to my mother who, in all likelihood, will now be leaving the Catholic faith because she is so angry.
Then I went back to a party at Pearl Lane (holla!) and had a magnificent time. I was very responsible - i didn't get drunk (only having 2 beers and a bottle of champagne hehehe) and I was going to leave early. But then poor Sean was very sick so I took him home and he stayed up puking until even after I went to bed around 3. Four hours later, I was up and getting ready for the wedding
The ceremony went well even though we all struggled not to cry. Kellie was beautiful and I have never seen her so happy, though she was EERILY calm for a bride. Picture taking took FOREVER and a day and I was about to get all diva-like on the photographer, especially cuz poor Jon Todd was sitting with a whole bunch of people he didnt know at the reception and i felt really bad.
The music was terrible (cuz my madre chose it) so dancing was....well, nonexistant. Then came time for the toasts. I had this big argument with the caterers because I asked if they could put apple juice or something in my flask since Im underage. They were like "oh, honey, as long as your mom is here we won't interfere" See, my mom IS the problem. Even though I am 20 years old and it was my sister's wedding, i was not going to be allowed to have champagne. However, since there was no alternative, my mother agreed to let me give my toast holding champagne. Two sips later, she took it away, declaring angrily "You've had enough!" Jon made up for it later, buying me an entire bottle. HAHA crazy mother lady!
Then they played FOOTLOOSE and we had a blast dancing to it. That was pretty much the highlight of the ceremony for me, mostly cuz I still don't like her being married. Her stupid husband kept hugging me and playing like we were family now. I pretty much want to kill him. Not really, though - i actually like him a lot and Im happy for them. But Im basically no different than I was at 3 years old, threatening anyone who sat next to my "sissy" because that was MY PLACE. Now he has stolen my place and I can't do a damn thing. Stupid jerk face.
Then I chopped all my hair off.
And the next person who utters the words "so you're next to get married *wink nudge*" WILL DIE. Im really not kidding this time. All the better if it's my new bro-in-law.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home