Pre-nups
Ok, so for some reason people - but girls in particular - seem to have a problem with Pre-nuptual agreements. I, for one, cannot understand this one bit. Now, Im not engaged to anyone (duh) but I do not see why a pre-nup seems to equal in peoples' minds HE DOESN"T LOVE ME. Marriage is business. you are effectually uniting every aspect of your life, including your finances. And it's a sticky business. It often ends in divorce. So who doesn't understand protecting yourself? I would GLADLY sign a pre-nup. First, it says nothing about the seriousness of one's relationship, rather is simply a sign of good business intelligence. Secondly, if the marriage really doesn't end (and clearly you think it won't), then it basically means nothing. Thirdly, if the marriage DOES end, why would I be entitled to all this guy's money? Some of it, sure, but not all. not most. just some. And because I myself am smart, I would clearly not be in a situation where I had no money of my own when the marriage crumbled. I would have options. I wouldn't NEED him. That's my own version of a pre-nup - knowing I never need anyone financially.
Now, if I was asked to sign a pre-nup, I would do it freely and gladly (as I said). HOWEVER, I would not let it be a "if we get divorced, you don't get money" type of thing. It would be mutual. It would contain agreements that made sense to both of us. Like if I became rich during the marriage, he wouldn't get my money either. And maybe something about cheating - like if either spouse cheats, they will get NOTHING. That's prolly a good idea. It gives one more reason to be faithful. I mean, if one lousy lay costs you an entire fortune, you'd really think twice about it. There would be other things, too, i assume. Not that it matters. Im not getting married. And I really don't see myself EVER getting married to anyone who has a fortune. Rich boys are snotty. And they usually don't like girls like me.
i guess that's all.

1 Comments:
will you sign a pre-nup with me? Dont worry, you wont even get your own money. :)~ (I stick my tongue out at you!)
Post a Comment
<< Home