A fundamental difference...
There is a fundamental difference between the statements "welcome back" and "welcome home." I don't ever give it very much thought, but I know it's there. When I came back to campus, there were signs everywhere - dorms, buildings, DTH ads - proclaiming "welcome back, students!!!" Then yesterday I had my first drama class so I visited the CDA (the drama building) for the first time this year. In giant letters on the front of the building it read "welcome HOME!" My insides felt all tingly!! I was SOOOOOO happy because that really is how I felt. it's how I feel every time I walk into the theater. I am HOME. I am safe. I am welcome. Some people work their whole lives to find that feeling. I remember in that stupid Disney movie Hercules how he sings "I would go almost anywhere to find where I belong." Warm fuzzies!
********************************************************************************
In other news, i created a quiz about me on this semi-ridiculous site called quizyourfriends.com. Brittany has a couple and I found them enjoyable (though I didnt do as well as I had hoped). Everyone is doing very badly! It's kinda funny. I purposely made it extremely hard. if I asked ridiculous questions like "what school do I currently attend?" there would be no challenge. My roommate (who knows more about my current life than anyone, by far) only got a 50. It will be interesting to see if anyone does really well. I think only the people I went to hs with really have a chance. But anywho, you guys should go and check it out. the link is on my AIM profile.
********************************************************************************
Pauper interest meeting/first official party is tonight. That means there promises to be an interesting post tomorrow.....Oh how I love my Pauper people!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home