I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Monday, August 29, 2005

Things I must do before I die.....

I was recently thinking about the movie "A Walk to Remember" (which was a good movie, but not 'amazing' like everyone said) and the part where she quotes things from a list she has of things she wants to do before she dies. And I was thinking that this would be a great thing to have, but it isn't something one can sit down and write at once, I don't think. Because many things just come to you in the middle of nowhere for no reason and as quick as that, they are gone again. Plus, to sit down and "brainstorm" things to do before you die means that you are relying more on creativity than actual instincts......I don't know if I'm making any sense....I'm just rambling and I make sense to me, which I think is all that matters. SOOOO the conclusion to this craziness is that one should have a list somewhere, paper or computer, that is added to slowly, as thoughts randomly come. I think I will start just such a list right here. I will start with only 5 things, because any more than that would just be things I "tried" to think about and not things that sprang up within my soul. (PS - the rule with these kinds of lists - at least, according to me - is that they aren't things that are major career goals and shit like that. Those are things one WORKS towards, whereas this list is just a 'to-do' list)

1. Get a tattoo (so i stole it from the movie, but it's true)
2. Cut my hair very very short - pixie style
3. go skydiving
4. go to a movie theater and see like 4 or 5 movies in a row
5. tap dance on a street corner in NY

***********************************************************************************
the second part of this entry has nothing at all to do with the first, it's more rambling
***********************************************************************************
Jessica and I were recently discussing how sad it is when people don't know that their relationship is on a downward spiral and is going to end, but EVERYONE else can see it. This happens SO often - all the friends of a person will see that that person's relationship is close to the end, but the actual person just can't see it for themselves. I think that is so tragic - that your friends can see the problems that you can't and they know that you are about to be heartbroken and can't do a thing to stop it. If I could see any other kind of pain in the future of my friends, I would do everything I could to stop it. however, when it comes to relationships, there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it, and no one wants to be the person to say, "hey, you know the guy/girl you are totally in love with? Yeah, that's about to be over" It just doesnt work. But why is it that we ourselves never sense the impending breakup? (unless we are the dumpERS instead of the dumpEES) I think it's because when it comes to relationships, it is hard enough figuring out our OWN feelings, so being in tune with the other person's feelings is that much harder. When it comes to something like friendship, we usually know exactly why we are friends with a certian person and the routines and specifics of the dynamic are more obvious. Intimate relationships, though, are so complex that we spend too much time sorting through our own emotions and behaviors and can't focus on the other person - which is why the breakups always seem to happen, anyways. Whatever. Maybe that makes no sense. most of what I say is pure crap. But i DO know at least 3 friends right now who will be broken up within the month and i just have to sit by watching the decline and wondering why they can't see it if I can

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan, Bear, Daniel Day etc said...

Any of the three happen yet?

4:17 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Actually yes! I am quite the psychic

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home