this "abroad" thing
RRGGGGGGGGGHHHH. I am having the hardest time deciding when to go abroad. The original plan was to do Paris the summer after sophomore year and London second semester junior year. For reasons I won't bother going into, the France thing can't happen so I only have London, and that CAN'T happen second semester junior year. So I'm stuck deciding between second semester next year and next summer. The summer in London program is more appealing because there is much more theater. However, it ends up being more expensive because:
1. my parents wouldn't normally pay for summer school
2. I would be out of work for an entire summer and I ONLY work during the summer. Yipes!
The other problem is that my sister's wedding is next summer, about a week after my return. Call me crazy, but I don't really want to be away for 7 weeks before her wedding. As the maid of honor, that is a little silly. So why not second semester?
1. the program isn't as fun
2. my roommate doesn't want to live alone
3. I don't know what I'll be missing here
See, there are a lot of theater projects during the spring and I would miss all of them. I wish i knew what they were NOW so I could decide whether it was ok to miss or not. I know what's going on this coming fall, and it isn't terribly exciting. Added to that, I can't seem to find a position on a production staff. So if I was gone this coming semester, I wouldn't mind. But that isn't an option. What if I miss Chicago? Or Much Ado About Nothing? They are far reaches, but my point is that something amazing could be going on here while I'm in London. If I go in the summer, I wouldn't miss anything or anyone. I mean, it will be hard to go from December to the next August without seeing my friends! That's a long absence.
WHAT DO I DO???? Please weigh in. Even if you are one of those crazies who reads my blog often (*cough* kate *cough*) and never comments, I really want other people's opinions on this

4 Comments:
I'm the only one who ever comments so I will now-- DONT LEAVE ME PLEASE! I'm scared of the dark, and so I don't want to live alone :(
I am not writing another entry until other people freakin comment!!
All the people that don't comment, yet read about your life religously are assholes...:)
I haven't commented, cause i couldn't find your website for forever. Anyway, I care. You should stay here. Go in the summer, it will be awesomer and you won't miss anything and jessica won't have to live alone. HA. That is my opinion. And we should hang out. Soon. Like before school starts. So there.
Post a Comment
<< Home