I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

H2O

Today was my very last day of work, so I thought it appropriate to post my views on the celestial power of water. I really do love water more than most people and if I go too long without swimming, I get very very cranky. See, people are made up of like 80%water. We ARE water. Also, the planet is like 75% water. Water is the only reason we can live here and the very first life forms came from the water. We spend the first nine months of our existence in water. We cannot survive more than 3 days without water. Are we understanding how important water is to our existance and survival? God created us from water and we depend on water to survive.
Also, water is what we use to become literally AND spiritually clean. We shower when we are dirty, wash our hands and face more often than that (one would hope). And then there is that whole baptism thing where we eradicate our original sin by the pouring or dunking in water, just as Jesus himself did.
Rain seems to come as if directly from heaven and that's why i love it. Not only is it necessary for food and stuff like that, but it's as if God is sending us a direct flow of water from heaven. i know this sounds corny and stupid, but I really feel that way sometimes. Naturally, I know that water comes from clouds, not heaven, and that recent events like Hurricane Katrina prove that it is not always divine. Still......
So today was the first day of classes. i only had one, so my load wasn't bad. But it WAS a bad day, starting with the lack of sleep I got because the fire alarm went off every hour for two seconds and then shut off. I had to get up at 6:30 even though my class wasn't until 11 because I had to wait in line for Pauper (dont ask). So I sat in the Union for hours, then went to do pub (a terribly boring job) also for Pauper. now, if the day is sounding not-so-bad right now, let me add something to the equation. i got HORRIBLE blisters on my toes the other day. They are huge, ugly, and painful. So I decided that i should be respectful of other people who dont want to view my hideous blisters and wear "real" shoes today instead of flipflops. The second I put them on, they hurt my existing blisters but I left anways. A few steps out the door, i began developing blisters on my HEELS! By 10:30, when I was walking around doing pub, I was limping so badly I must have appeared disabled. Tears were running down my face when I went to my first class, and after that VERY BORING class, I had to walk all the way to my parking spot (on ROSEMARY st). I was so unhappy!!!!!!! But I got to work early, jumped in the water and just floated for like 30min. It started drizzling and I was just so happy and peaceful inside! I floated and floated and floated until all my worries and pains (not just from today - believe me I have many more that have been building) went away. Now I am at Zen with the world. if you don't believe me, take this as evidence: I called my mother on the drive home for no particular reason. And we chatted. And no one yelled. And i might go so far as to say I almost enjoyed the convo. HA!

So if you are stressin' from the first week of school (or are one of those who has been in school for weeks now), just find the nearest aquatic facility or beach/lake/river or, if you're desperate, puddle, and paddle around until all worries go away!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey lori, its catherine walker from high school. every once in a while if im online i will read your blog...and i have to say that i think you are gonna go far someday. you seem to know where you stand and have a lot of life figured out. and maybe someday i will see you on a street corner in new york tap dancing.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home