I'm the not-yet-famous coolest person you know

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Ah drama

I was reading over my last post and thinking how ironic it was that I made some comment about how if there was no further drama this weekend, i would just make something up. There was PLENTY of drama this weekend, don't you even worry about that, but the details of it will not be released. Once again, I will have to disappoint everyone. im sure you actually don't care. But the events (sans dramatic details) were this:

Friday night, instead of Yeats, my roomie and I went to State to hang out with some guys we met last weekend. I wasn't exactly the favorite in the room and I can't say I fit in very well. I'm not a Nascar kind of girl. That isn't to say Nascar is bad - it just means that I had nothing in common with anyone there and I felt a bit like I was back in middle school, huddling alone in the corner. Anyone who knows me knows that my middle school experience was less than pleasant. Actually, it was the kind of thing you hear about on Oprah. However, I am not one of those people who carries around those scars and continually cries about events long past. Still, every once in a while certain situations arise that give me flashbacks and I am 12 again. During these episodes, I am amused by the ability we have to travel back in time within our own mind. We've all felt this at least minimally. We'll have a terrible nightmare and get that "i need my mommy" feeling or something like this. When my dad had his stroke, he believed he was 18 for a while. And Friday night, sitting in a college apartment, supposedly secure with my 19-yr-old self, I suddenly regressed to my 12 year old, self-conscious and degrading self. Unbelievable!

Saturday night was the Lab (drama) party. Lab, Pauper, and Company Carolina are the three drama groups on campus and they all sort of hate eachother. I am involved both with Lab and Pauper, but that is not very common. And I am always sort of expected to place my loyalty somewhere or other. Last night all the Paupers came and "crashed" the party and I realized that as much as I love Lab (and still plan on being involved with them for the duration of my stay at Carolina), I am a Pauper at heart. I just fit in better with them. maybe certain members of Pauper would disagree with this and say I'm unwelcome there (hardyharhar), I would rather go to a Pauper party any day. As it happened, a couple of us got bored and left to go frat hopping. I am not a fan of frats or their parties, but I was game. We first visited the "dressed to get screwed party" which was full of lots of pathetic, nearly naked people. Then we made our way around little frat court which was no more fun and decided that big frat court was surely going to be better. it wasn't. All of us left saddened by the lack of fun to be found that night. *sigh* maybe next weekend will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home