Things that I will never be good at
There are many many things in this world that I strive to be better at. There are some things that I am pretty much just awesome at. Then there are things that I am TERRIBLE at. But I don't care one bit. I will never be good at the following things and I will never try to be good at them
1. Keeping up with sports. I don't know who we are playing or where or when or the difference between ACC, NCAA, etc. I can respect people who like sports but don't ever expect me to know anything about them or care. However, I do know the opening and closing dates of every broadway show and who is in them. K?
2. DVR. Yes, I have been pseudo living in a house with DVR all year. I triumphantly figured out many of the remote functions and can typically access a program I want to watch. Holla. But I have no talent when it comes to fast forwarding, rewinding, etc. I'll deal with the commercials
3. Math. Sudoku aside, math is a subject that both angers and bores me. I excelled at math right up through Algebra. Couldn't get a problem wrong if I tried. Past that, it was a nightmare. I have still never taken Calculus (or any high level math, for that matter) and do not plan on it. I can live my life with Algebra only. It isn't difficult.
4. Painting my nails. When girls first begin to do this for themselves, they are terrible. Paint gets everywhere. Over time, they develop the dexterity necessary to paint within the lines. I have never adapted to this. I slop paint everywhere and then clean it up with nailpolish remover. To me, this is easier than learning how to do it right.
5. Winking. Can't do it. Don't ask me to try. I lack the eye muscle strength or something
That's all. My life continues on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home