Cinqo de Mayo
Americans. Sheesh. Our country was founded by people taking land that wasn't theirs and the tradition of stealing what belongs to other cultures continues.
We take other country's holidays as an excuse to drink. St. Patricks Day. Cinqo de Mayo. Ummm...well maybe just those two. And it's definitely something I support. Heck, I'd love to drink it up on Bastille Day. But at least I know what Bastille Day is all about; and St Patricks Day - Im Irish and I know all about driving the snakes out of Ireland and all that.
Cinqo de Mayo is celebrated by Americans by drinking Margaritas and saying Ole. However, how many people actually know what it's about? HA! What if we played the drinking game called "no one can drink unless they know what this day means." It would be hilarious
In fact, may 5 is the Mexican Independence Day. They won the war against the French. So HAHAHA I get to drink! Take that, stupid Americans who will use any excuse to drink! I EARNED my margarita. Ole!

3 Comments:
Mexico's Independence Day is September 16 not CinCo de Mayo
haha well that just proves my point, then doesn't it?
i guess I didn't deserve my drink after all
But i speak french, i am french, and I could tell you all about Bastille Day if you want :P
T'es francaise?
Post a Comment
<< Home